Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hello!

Hello! It's me, Yvonne. I'm pretty new to this whole "blogging" thing, so forgive me if I ramble in the beginning and we'll see how long this lasts. It's a new year, new me... hey it's 2013! Times have changed so I better get with the program.

Well, it's March and a lot has happened recently (at least it feels like it). I'm currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I've been here nearly a year, and still getting used to the changes. My family and I are from the desert in Southern California. My husband is in the Navy and we have a 4 year old son named Aiden. You've probably already guessed that the reason we are in Pittsburgh is because of the Navy, well you've guessed correct! I can elaborate on Navy life but I'll save that for another day. 



We're still getting acclimated to the community and trying to "fit in." Meanwhile, our son is halfway thru Pre-school now and I can hardly believe it! We all hear the sayings about time too often, but I never really knew the true understanding of time and its value until our son was born. I am currently a "stay at home" mom. Meaning I stay home all day [sarcasm, if you didn't catch that] I just had a birthday, 26 sounds young but doesn't really feel like it when you've started to understand the concept of time as I just mentioned.

 
My time is more valuable to me being spent enjoying the little time we have available. What defines "LIFE" [to me] is how you spend your time. A favorite quote of mine is "Time you ENJOY wasting is not time wasted." Um exactly! The same guy, the great John Lennon also said "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." Mean anything to you? Over time I've come to realize how "free-spirited" I really am... not in a hippie way but new places and new things have taught me a lot about myself. Things I never could've learned in one single location alone. Despite the constant changes we have gone through as a family, we always learn something new, experience something new, and have a new memory of the times we've spent together. I want my son to understand this concept and how valuable it really is. 

Seems this "new" me sure carries on a lot huh? This is just me, trying something new, discovering myself, spending time and trying to make time. Just hope this will encourage you to stop what you're doing, relax, listen, explore the world, and feel how much more enjoyable life can be when you're enjoying the time you spend!... To Be Continued. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment