Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Princess Easter Dress

Finished up another Easter dress today for a fellow Navy wife. My first one was one that I made for my 4 year old niece Maddie. This particular one used a variety of bright and pastel colored tulle vs the original one which was made of pastel organza.

(Pictured above is the 2nd Easter dress)

 The original organza made dress was mostly a test of what varieties of material I'd be able to work with, talk about a bit of a failure. Had I really known what organza was I would've initially decided against it. It was too difficult to work with and just frayed way too easily.
 
(Maddie modeling my 1st [organza] Easter tutu dress)

The dress that I finished up today is a Full-length dress, meaning it will be no shorter than ankle length and was made with 2 layers of North American flame retardant tulle. I used lavender, shimmery pink, light yellow, and Tiffany blue. The 3 flowers across the chest are hand sewn to the 2 1/2 inch lavender crocheted top. I used 3 colors of ribbon for the straps which go over the shoulders and tie in the back to the lower portion of the crocheted top. These colors are VERY Spring-like and perfect for Easter! Glad to hear mommy and little princess LOVED this dress!



If you like and are interested in any of my tutus please stop by my Facebook page and give us a "LIKE"



No comments:

Post a Comment