Monday, September 9, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Birthday Party!


I am so excited to finally share some photos from Aiden's birthday party. As some of you may already know, he turned 5 at the end of August. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do, and where I wanted to have his party. Like many moms today, I began searching Pinterest for ideas and inspiration for his party. This was going to be one of his biggest parties (besides his 1st birthday) and I really wanted it to be special and memorable. This was also going to be his first birthday party away from my hometown, so it was all up to me to do the planning.

Since his birthday is so late in August, many kids were already going back to school, so I was worried that it would be hard to get some of his old classmates to join. I contemplated having water activities since he has a perfect Summer birthday, but considering the way the weather is here in Pittsburgh, it's hard to predict what the day would've been like. I chose a local park and just prayed for good weather. Luckily, it ended up being a perfect day for a party, many of his friends came, and he had a blast!

The party invites I made on my own, no template, no Etsy seller, just a Ninja Turtles photo and a Paint program. I ended up paying about $8.00 in total for printing about 30 invites. I had his birthday shirt custom made by friend and shop owner of Itty Bitty Heart Creations. She did a great job and Aiden loved his shirt!

I knew it would be difficult for me to oversee his party and try to take photos at the same time, so I hired friend and photographer of Katie Fair Photography to take photos of the whole party. She did a great job and gave me permission to share some of these photos with you all. :)
 


Mutagen Ooze (Lemonade)
 
 
Michelangelo Veggie Tray 
 

Dirt and Earthworm pudding cups
 

 
It's not a Ninja Turtle party without pizza!
 
  
I made some simple and easy photo props that I printed from here for FREE. These were for a photo-booth type set up for him and his friends to be silly and have fun with. 
photo props (Booyakasha sign not pictured)
 
 
 
Thanks to another friend and business owner of Face Painting Designs By Dana, she helped the kids mutate into Ninja Turtles with her great face painting skills. Of course the mutagen ooze helped the process. ;)

 
 
After the kids played, ate, and mutated into turtles, it was time for them to defeat the piñata, or better known as the Shredder. The kids had a blast with this! Since I was unable to find any type of Ninja Turtle piñata, (preferably a Shredder one) I just bought another piñata from Party City and had a couple photos of Shredder printed at Office Depot that I glued to each side of the piñata. I can't take full credit for this idea, inspiration for the piñata and some of the other decorations came from a fellow Blogger through Pinterest.
 
 

 
 
After the party, Aiden told me "This was the best day ever!" Besides the decorations, planning, and all the organizing, at the end of the day I'm happy that my son had a great 5th birthday party to remember! Thanks to all the guests, and those who helped make this day special!
 
Special thanks to
 
Katie Fair Photography
Itty Bitty Heart Creations
Face Painting Designs by Dana
Moio's Bakery
Allegheny County Parks

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the "shout out" above! I really enjoyed this party!

    ReplyDelete