Friday, July 12, 2013

Catching up... Summer Time!

I've been away for far too long. This is a much needed personal update and blog post. Ahh, it's finally Summer now and we are definitely trying to enjoy the warmer temperatures. After going through our first Pittsburgh winter I have to admit, I've never craved sun more than now!

I've been keeping pretty busy with my tutu business Maddie Bear's Tutus. I have my Facebook page up and running along with the Etsy shop. Things aren't perfect yet, but I've had a great response and customers have responded in a such a positive manner, that it only encourages me to continue.

With my son Aiden out of pre-school on summer vacation, I've also been keeping him busy just as he's kept me on my toes. We've been doing many of the parks around Pittsburgh, going swimming, baseball games, children's museum, zoo, festivals, etc. He also recently attended Vacation Bible School at the church/school we attend. Not to mention all the sports he plays, SHEESH! He's busier than me and has a bigger social circle than I do.

One of our most recent outings was when he headed down to Point State Park for the Three Rivers Regatta on the 4th of July. It's was such a perfect day, sun was out, the rain (surprisingly) stayed away, and we got to see an amazing fireworks show! This was our 2nd Independence Day in Pittsburgh and we've had a blast each time!

Among the fireworks were BMX shows, (which the kid loved) boat races, dog shows, many yummy food vendors, and the fountain that seemed to be the [2nd] main attraction. Our last minute decision to head downtown seemed like a good one because, our part of town on the East end stormed pretty badly! :( Here's to quick thinking!  

The Summer is quickly passing and we will continue to enjoy it in the weeks to come. Until next time, stop wasting time and head outside! 



The longest fireworks show ever (at least that we've seen) :) 

Aiden and Daddy having a snack. 


Watching the boat races from the bridge. 





The 3 of us. 

-Yvonne Copeland 

No comments:

Post a Comment