Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Banana Protein Muffins

So here's another one of my completely made up recipes. My son has been a big pancake eater recently and I've tried to think of all the fun and interesting ways to make them more "FUN." I'm also going through big changes in my diet and wanted to focus more on eating healthier. Great idea for those over-ripe bananas that no will eat. So instead of pancakes, I decided to make semi-healthy muffins that are loaded with fiber and protein! :)

These are the ingredients you'll need for this recipe;
       • 1 1/2c. Pancake Mix (just add water kind)
       • 2 ripe bananas (the softer, the better) 
       • Apple Butter 
       • 1c. Water 
       • Whey Protein vanilla flavor 
 
Combine the pancake mix and 1 heaping scoop of protein powder to a medium sized bowl. Add 1/2 cup of Apple Butter and the bananas to the bowl (I like to soften the bananas in the peel before adding by lightly squishing them.) Lastly, add the water, and mix with a fork. Mixture may be slightly lumpy and should be slightly thick, but neither watery or overly thick. 

Use a non-stick spray and lightly coat the inside of a muffin tin. Pour mixture into the tin using an ice cream scoop. Bake for about 15 minutes (or until golden brown) at 350°

Let sit for a few minutes then remove from tin and place on a plate to continue cooling. I had some extra batter to make another half dozen so that's what I did next. I had one, my husband and son also had one each and loved them! I froze the rest and will pull them out during the week for a quick on-the-go breakfast muffin:) 

The apple butter makes these so yummy and moist! Although I loved these, next time I think I will add walnuts for added health benefits. All you have to do now is ENJOY! 




-Yvonne 

No comments:

Post a Comment